We have a pair of visiting orioles hanging around the garden right now. One is a bright orange, while the other is this awesome golden yellow. Add in the occasional western bluebird, woodpecker, and grosbeak and we have a rainbow of birdsong going on.
Our neighbors aren't awful, but sometimes they appear a bit clueless. I've talked about the bottles slamming into the recycling bins at four in the morning, and the trashcans being moved about just as early, it's a bit loud. Not intentional, I'm certain, just a little thoughtless perhaps. They have more cars than people at their house and park in front of ours (yes, I know they are allowed to, but they leave the spot in front of their house free for the last car that needs a space), put their trash cans in front of ours, and once they literally put their old Christmas tree on our yard. Their kids are now college age and have fairly large and loud gatherings that go past curfew, and now they leave their (really pretty) backyard lights on, which shine right into our windows. In the scheme of things, we lucked out with our neighbors, but I'm still feeling grumpy about it.
Everything is bursting with blooms. The roses are lush and so colorful. The lavender is full of bees, the poppies are popping up all over, and the johnny jump-ups are jump-jump-jumping with joy. If we hav to be stuck at home, this is a pretty good time to be stuck.
This salad is so freaking amazing. Our harvest boxes have been full of cucumbers, lettuce, and cauliflower and I found this recipe from Half Baked Harvest and well, it's a keeper! I don't know if you follow HBH on Instagram or not, but you should. So many delicious recipes. Her flavor palette is strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.