Thursday, May 07, 2020

zoom classroom busyness

 

Well, that was a fun meeting! We read three books, wrapped yarn around sticks, shared our yarn star projects, made galaxy jars, sang songs, and played moon rock basketball. We were zooming for over AN HOUR! Not too shabby for hanging out with ten three and four year olds via zoom. I found that if I make it the "jek show" and don't take any breaths we can keep going without the goifness that is prone to happen with the preschool set. 

I've heard so much about teachers having to do long meetings of house tours, etc. but my class never did that. We began our first meeting with a LOT of hellos and I asked the children to each bring an item to share. we focused on "Tell me three things" about their items and we counted out each one and moved on to the next child. I had the parents set out play dough before the call so the children had something to do if they were camera shy. I do have one sweet friend who has to be far far away from the camera to feel comfortable. I make sure to tell my parents that if they have an opportunity to be outside, be outside. I can do a solo zoom with their kiddo for a song if they need it. So far, it's all working out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.