Monday, May 18, 2020

making flower paint

 

You need all the flower petals. ALL the flower petals. I went through the garden to see what I could find. Our yellow rose was dropping petals left and right, so I grabbed those along with nasturtium, and red rose petals. Shoved them into their own jars, smooshed them up and pour boiling water over them. Muddled some more and let them steep. The adorable wee jars are Beech's baby food jars, and Oui yogurt jars. 
Some of the first batch didn't really come out so I doubled down and used MORE petals. 
 The cool grey color here is from yellow day lilies! How cool. I may have experimented with salt and baking soda as well. I can't remember which had which. The colors are so pretty! 
The bottom picture is of how the colors looked when I added flour to the jars. Not really that much different. This was fun. I need to try it again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.