
I had an awful, awful, asthma attack last night. I woke up suddenly and immediately went into an asthmatic episode. This happens a lot when adrenaline makes an appearance in my body. It can happen during exercise, or surprise even. When it does, it is sudden and fierce. The first hit of the inhaler doesn't really do anything so I hit it again hoping the first one opened up my airway enough for the second hit to work. My head has the most intense headache feeling in it and I feel epically awful. It's maybe one or two in the morning and the mister is on the couch (aka insomnia man). I wander out to get a drink of water and practice some breathing but my head hurts too much. I remove my retainers and eat a spoonful of apple sauce and a piece of leftover roast so I can take some painkillers without nausea but the headache pain is so intense I think the nausea became a squatter and just won't leave. I stumble back into the bedroom and take another hit of the inhaler but then I cough and suddenly my body is in PAIN. I can't stand up as the floor decides to tilt, and there is a burning sensation in my fingers and my body just feels awful. I can't describe it but it is misery and I kinda tip over onto the bed and am pretty certain I am going to die as I think it would be a relief from what I am feeling right now which I can't really describe other than awful, awfulness. I whimper and try to do my breathing exercise and who knows how much time has passed.
When I can stand up again, I wander back out to the living room but I have to hold onto the walls, chairs, and counters. I wake the mister up and ask him to grab me more pillows. He is discombobulated and slightly annoyed but gets them for me and helps me back to bed. Now he is worried. He feels my forehead, no fever. Looks at my eyes, pupils are fine. He gets me some water and sets up the pillows so I can sit up and he sits with me until I fall asleep again. When I wake up, it is maybe six in the morning and I feel like I was run over by a herd of elephants. I look like I have aged a decade and I feel hungover even though I'm not really sure what that feels like. Kinda like I'm a dry husk of myself. fun times.
I have to teach a class in a few hours on zoom and I just cannot recover in time so I contact my old co-teacher and she steps in gladly as she misses the children as much as I do. I had to set up the meeting so I put my picture up and two of my students thought my screen had frozen up and golly I adore these kiddos and my co-teacher so freaking much at this moment and this is a very long post to say asthma is awful and thank mawd for friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.