Thursday, October 04, 2012

who needs a workout?

I went to the thrift yesterday with the sister a-go-go. Not just any thrift mind you, THE thrift. Wednesdays are their half off days and their base prices are generally happy even without the added discount. When mr. a-go-go arched his eyebrows and me going thrifting, I told him I wasn't planning on getting spend-happy but that I was looking for a few specifics...jeans, printed t-shirts and of course...a suitcase or two.

I came out with a full-sized tie-quilt in all sorts of 1970s brown and blue calico glory, a large floral printed fabric suitcase, three pair of jeans (sadly only one fit), a zillion yards of a most awesome grey and floral fabric, two vintage dresses and a dozen or so tops both for wearing and cutting. The damage to my wallet was just under thirty-smackeroos. I now wish I had picked up the vintage burnt orange office chair. But still...I am more than thrilled with the quilt, fabric and suitcase. I am now also recovering from workout arms. Which is what I get by bundling the whole shebang pver one arm at a time whilst I scroll through the racks. Seriously folks, my arms are T I R E D !!!!

Who needs a workout when you can shop AND strength-train?

Pictures coming sooooon.....

2 comments:

  1. Would you be able to recommend some thrift stores here in the Los Angeles area? You've always made some AMAZING finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that same thrifting-arm-workout thing a few weeks ago when my favorite local church-volunteer-run thrift store had their monthly "Half Price Monday" (the 4th Monday of the month). I got 12 or 13 sweaters to make monsters with (and at least one shirt to actually wear) for $7! Their regular prices are $1 per item of adult clothing (except coats) and 50 cents for kids' clothes...so on Half Price Monday it's 50 cents for adult clothes and 25 cents for kid clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.