Thursday, June 06, 2013

putting the pitcher to good use


I picked up this vintage pitcher a few months ago and it has mostly kept up space in a lower kitchen cabinet. The iced coffee goes into the glass pitcher I thrifted and since we no longer have any citrus trees we don't have any citrus to squeeze into juice and so the vintage pitcher sits waiting for the blue water jug to need refilling so that the last little bit of water gets poured into it.

I had a watermelon to cut up and was searching for a large container when I remembered my favorite watermelon tip...put it in a pitcher! A pitcher takes up less space than a melon or a large storage container and if it has a lid you can pour off excess watermelon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.