The last time I was at the goodwill outlet store, I got hit in the face with some sort of fabric that had been launched across the room by an over-enthusiastic employee. It hit hard (for fabric), was startling, probably very dirty and yet I laughed. The employee didn't even notice until I shouted "hey" as he was behind a tall piece of discarded furniture and I was about eight feet away. His co-worker saw it happen and admonished him and the poor guy who hit me was duly embarrassed and apologetic. We joked for a moment or two then I continued on my search for junken treasure. At the checkout when the clerk charged me more than I was hoping for, I asked if I could get an assault discount but that only prompted him to tell me other stories of employees dropping things on each other, etc. Oh well, I tried. But it made me wonder if this had happened to anyone else, would a bigger fuss have happened? If I had hollered and called assault what would have been done? Not that I even thought to or think to, I was just wondering about how people have these ideas of entitlement.
Later on another visit I witnessed a young lady get the pretty-girl discount. I have never gotten the pretty-girl discount.
When turning out of our driveway we are greeted with an unassuming blind spot. The road curves at an angle just so that impairs our judgment for turning. It's the height of the driveway versus the curve versus the parked carts. Most of the time, I sit for far too long, s t r e t c h i n g my neck up as tall as I can to see if I can spot any speedy vehicles zipping around the bend.The other day I saw nothing so turned and at that moment a large SUV was bearing down on me and I hit the gas to give Rodney a burst but it wasn't enough to not end up cutting the car off. The driver, a woman began tailing me. gassing her car, pushing it closer and following me through three stop signs without stopping. Her face, as reflected in the mirror looked bitchy and angry and I became alarmed at her tenacity. Before I met the fourth stop sign she turned into a driveway. Then I got angry and thought how she was lucky that I wasn't a crazy person now that I knew where she lived...ugh, anger is not a pleasant feeling and it seems it's contagious....such a dangerous thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.