Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cupcakes are popping up all over!

me and a 7-eleven cupcake
Methinks the cupcake craze is coming to an end. At least for it's bakeshop novelty bit. See, I picked up this sweet pink confection at the 7-eleven around the corner from the casa. This pink confection came from a convenience store. This pink confection came from a place that sells slurpees, condoms, cigarettes, chili filled hot dogs and lottery tickets.

AND. IT. WAS. DELIGHTFUL.

sprinkle-fied

The scene that played out just before I purchased this delightful pink confection went something like this:

Me: Oh my gawd!
Mr.a-go-go: What?
Me: Oh my gawd!
Mr.a-go-go: What?
Me: I have to get this!
Mr.a-go-go: What?...That?...Why?
Me: I have to.
Mr.a-go-go: You don't need that. You don't need to eat that.
Me: I'm not going to eat it. I just want to take a picture of it.
Mr.a-go-go: You don't need it.
Me: I know I don't need it. But I do need to take a picture of it!
Mr.a-go-go: Why?
Me: Because! It's a cupcake! From 7-eleven!
Mr.a-go-go: You don't need it! Don't get it!
Me: Why?
Mr.a-go-go: Because I'll eat it.
Me: Then don't eat it. I'll eat it or throw it away.
Mr.a-go-go: No! You can't throw it away.
Me: Sure I can.
Mr.a-go-go: Oh come on! You don't need it.
Me: I'm getting it. You don't have to eat it. Gimme some money.

The whole time we're having this discussion, the guy behind the counter keeps motioning to where the plastic bags are so I can serve myself. He stands there just nodding his head. I have no idea what he thought we were saying but I got me a pink cupcake AND I took pictures of it AND I cut it in half and ATE it and it was good! Really good! Like a cupcake from a birthday party when I was six. The frosting was slightly firmed up. Who knows how long it sat there, I was scared to ask. There wasn't too much of it. It was sweet, the texture was a little grainy with sugar and the sprinkles added a bit of crunch. The cupcake itself was vanilla and spongey. Really moist and super delightful. I would eat this over a Trader Joe's cake any day.

So what are ya waiting for? Grab yourself a buck fifty plus tax and git yerself to a 7-eleven now! If they don't have cupcakes, have a coke slurpee for me!

8 comments:

  1. It looks super pretty, that's for sure. Wish my 7 Eleven had cuppie cakes like that! I don't think the cupcake craze ever hit Australia really :P
    I love the conversation between you and Mr A-Go-Go, HP and I have convos like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I've seen some fabulous c-cakes around here at the local gas marts. I haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, that's a pretty convenience-cake! I'm not ready for the craze to end, I'm still hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed and find myself in need of a cupcake : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. crazy! a nifty pink cupcake could be available at all hours of the day just around the corner! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish our 7-Eleven had them. The cupcake craze is just hitting us in MD/DE. The first cupcake store popped up a few weeks ago.
    I am glad it was YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh never let anyone tell you you dont NEED a cupcake!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:47 AM

    Ooooh I'd go get one (just for you) if I had any 7/11's round here. and I'd get a coke slurpee (just for me). But alas - it's not meant to be - maybe when I come home we'll ahve to go on a cupcake and slurpee binge! :D
    For now I'll just be happy that I found your blog so I can keep up with your yumminess again!
    *bunny*

    ReplyDelete