With the wind and the cold dismantling any wintering blooms, I have resorted to the hummingbird feeders for our tiniest of friends. I whip up a new batch o' nectar every three days and they have been consuming most of it. You just want to make sure to toss out the old mix and clean your feeders frequently so as to deter the parasites that can kill them. In the spring, the feeders come down as we have enough blooms to sustain a few. Hummingbirds are very territorial. It's fun to watch them as they protect their food.
So many new batches of mushrooms popping up. The mr. a-go-go has identified these but I have forgotten what they are called. They are pretty small and very abundant.
It's been so wet, the garden shelf has developed a wee city of lichen and moss. I am LOVING it. Why is moss so cute? I may even coo at it when I walk by. Shhh.
Another day of rain, and me here in my new sweatpants, again. Hey, they keep me warm! I may need to hit up a thrift store for a sweatshirt or flannel soon. Let's bring back the 90s! I'm sure it will happen soon anyway.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.