Saturday, February 16, 2013

ten garlands in ten days: falling stars


I love the way this little garland turned out. I had a wee bit of a misshap while making it but I managed to fix it just fine. You will need a pack of wooden stars or shapes (I found mine at Michael's), thread, scisors, and a glue gun. 

My orginal garland was one sided but that proved just silly when the sides with the glue preferred to face outwards. A second date with the glue gun and another pile of stars solve the problem, so make sue you have two stars for each star.


Plug in your glue gun and lay out a row of stars, gather your thread and have it at the ready. Add a drop of hot glue to a star, press a bit of your thread into the glue andsandwich with another star. I kept my thread on the spool until I was finished, and had to gently pull it taught as I worked. 


I added a loop at the first star and again at the last, cutting thread where I thought it would work and looping it before pressing into the hot glue. 


And of course...hang in a happy place! 

3 comments:

  1. This has inspired me to go look for wooden flowers that my first graders can paint and then do this. I think it would be a lovely April or May art project. My Sunday School kids LOVE art projects as those are not done in public school any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have a go at threading a garland of things, maybe driftwood bits, old wooden cotton reels , that kind of thing. I love your head board everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! I am obsessed with garlands and need to make this one ASAP. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete