Tuesday, May 24, 2011

and then came the cookies

A while back, I entered a cookie recipe in the great Pillsbury Bake-Off. I had an idea and worked on about five variations of the ideas before settling on a cookie to enter. It was chosen because of its overall appeal to my taste testers. There were others we liked a little more but I needed something that could come out tasty consistently all the while looking happy. One of the cookies that didn't make it was inspired by my favorite chocolate crackles. I love the texture of those cookies and was trying to figure out a way to replicate it without making a chocolate treat. 
After much internet searching I found a cake-mix cookie hack (at Tidy Mom) and tried it. Delicious if not a tad too much. I tucked that idea back into my brain and carried on like I usually do. After baking the cake batter blondies I wanted to make a cake batter cookie, so out came the cake mix and the sprinkles and soon, happiness was served.
 
 I used a yellow box mix for these and they held the texture nicely. I would compare them to a thinner, flatter, cake-mixier snickerdoodle. They are super easy to make and your kiddos can play as well.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. looks like a winner to me! i do hope you win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...those sound and look SO yummy! Will definitely have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you and you MUST make these. the cookies I entered are completely different...all from scratch and shortbready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look YUMMY! I have just spent some time hopping round your blog and I LOVE IT! I am your newest follower and look forward to following your posts!
    Hope you had an awesome day!
    Rebecca
    www.heronscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, thank you mucho mucho! I love the sweater you dug out of yer mom's closet! quirky cool!

      Delete