Friday, August 10, 2007

Photobooth Friday: Seven

photobooth friday: seven
This is from a strip taken in the fall of 2000. My life was so different then. Aspirations of craftiness shadowed my thoughts but mostly I huddled and read chick lit on the sofa. I fell in love with Gilmore Girls. I wandered around swap meets alone. I bought my produce at The Farmer's Market. I cried. A lot. I felt alone.

This Sunday, the mister and I are heading out for Rootbeer Floats in honor of our first "date". We met online. Yuppers. We met online and were so, so, so tired of stupid people that we decided to lay it all out on the table and I proposed we meet for a float. I asked if we could talk and see. I asked if when our floats were finished if we could be honest and say 1 of three things.

1. Hey, I like you let's do this again.
2. Hey, you're cool but...
3. Oh my mawd quick take your clothes off!

So we sat and we talked and we talked and we walked and at the end I said with a smile "Hey, have a nice life..." His eyes flashed panic and I squeezed him "only joking" and we decide that we could be friends. Six months later he came to my birthday party. One week later we went on a real, real date of beach walking, family stories, Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill! and a proclamation of "I like you" followed by a sweet and simple kiss. Two years later we jumped off the fountain and here we are now, five years later.

Seven years ago I had no idea I needed all that alone time to really figure out me. I had no idea that two years later I would meet the mister. I had no idea I would be living the crafty life and I had no idea I could be so happy.

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! Reading it was such a happy way to start my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...great story! How exciting that you are so happy now. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are so many things about this post that i heart so much. i could go on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird, I just added to your Flickr pic "7 years ago you weren't as happy as you are now"...and then I came to your blog. I was right, go me!
    I wondered how you met the Mister.
    Jek, I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome story. very happy. thank you for telling it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY you are a shinning light

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2000 doesn't seem that long ago.
    It is amazing how our lives can turn around so quickly.
    I like the bit at the end where you say you needed that time to really figure out you.
    And I really like the whole story of how you met your fella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope! Not, just for love but to be craftastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you everyone! i have to admit that after that happy post, i had a very unhappy day. unhappiness is not everlasting so i am gladd to say i'mfeeling a bit better. i am happy that i can make others smile for a moment or so. and thee is always hope. for smeone, for crafting, for most everything.

    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Jek, sorry to hear you had such a yuck day! Wish I lived closer so that I could come and watch Doris Day movies with you and cheer you up!
    I can relate though, today is my 3rd day in pyjamas, and I should be at work.
    So glad the happiness took over again!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! I love this story! And I'm glad there is someone else out there (besides me and my mister) that still celebrates the 'Anniversary of the First Date'. (Our first date was Aug. 6, 1989...we got married a little over 3 years later.)

    I'm happy that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh! that was the sweetest story!!! :)

    ReplyDelete