There was also skirt weather. Hot temps even. Enough to bring the wind and the pollen and the want for cold beverages. Also, there was sidewalk chalk. A lot of sidewalk chalk.
I not only got some gift wrapping from...ahem...Christmas completed, but I mailed the scarves I promised people back in February! I hope there's a bit of a cold snap to those who got my scarves!
Snails reappeared in the classroom as we discovered a bunch o' babies in our wee little play yard. Baby snails are stupid cute. the one pictured above was one of the larger critters. There were some so small I could not pick them up. Eeeeeee!
Did I mention warmer temps and the need for cool drinks? I hydrated a bit this week. Trying to stay ahead of allergy ick. I find that keeping hydrated helps a lot. I drank nettle tea by the jars full, water, fresh squeezed orange juice, gatorade, so many smoothies, and coffee. Iced coffee. I purchased this Stumptown on a whim though I was wary of the ingredient list. Nothing too awful but I won't be purchasing it again. I am not a fan of carageenan. Blech. Besides, with the sniffer out of commission I can only taste the sweet part and since I really don't need the sweet I should stick to herbal tea. Phooey.
This week temps are supposed to be back in the high 60s which means I can wear sleeves and not want to tear them off! I can also drink hot tea without complaining, go me! How was your week?
bummer about the stumptown - can't say i've ever had the cold brew since it's full of stuff i'm allergic to, but i do love their beans. preferably the hair bender or holler mountains blends :)
ReplyDeletealso - socks with chickens?? pictures or it didn't happen!!!