Sunday, March 19, 2017

a belated st. patrick's day dinner

Every year, my mother would cook up corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day. It took me a good couple of decades before trying my hand at it and this year, I rocked it! I mean, just look at that! It's gorgeous! The past few years, I have popped the corned beef into the crock pot and it has always been delicious but I found this recipe via The Pioneer Woman.
I didn't make the glaze and I cooked the veggies in with the pot roast but everything was still ridiculously yummy! Next year, I think I will do this again but I will roast the veggies...swoon!
I also tossed the cabbage into a skillet and quickly sauteed the goodness with black pepper, lemon, and a splash of vinegar. My mamos would have been proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment