Thursday, March 14, 2013

paint a tinted garland for St. Patrick's Day!

Here is a grown-up version of my ombre garland from scrumdilly-do! By grown-up I mean I cut the bottoms a smidge fancier than a kiddo would and stitched the whole thing together instead of stapling. I finally got a bit of crafting in what with being sick and all. Oof! 
One color of paint with white added a wee bit as you paint each fold of the paper. After cutting, fold over each strip and scallop it all up before stitching it. You can also use a whole punch and string it up, or maybe some glue or staples even. It doesn't need to be fancy, just happy!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like the scolloped edges and contrasting red thread. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, so easy to make and it packs a punch!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the HUGE flower in the background!! show us more please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah...Julie, that is a part of my makign theb ed which will be up shortly. thank you! To begin, grab some newspaper and paint splotch it up! I used two large sheest and one half sheet.

      Delete
  3. Cute! I like the color gradient.

    ReplyDelete