Sunday, June 25, 2017

the view from the garden


This is the view from the garden. This peak you see is a mighty popular peak here in town. It seems, no matter how early I am up, someone is already at the top of the peak. Me? I have never been up. I know the views are supposed to be STUNNING but the crowds are just not my thing. I prefer the wander around the base that leads into small forests and sometimes crosses paths with deer, cattle, and wild turkey. But this view, this view? I quite like it. Even with the power lines criss-crossing in my vision.

We've seen solitary figures at the top, and large numbers at the top. We've seen numerous helicopter rescues, and right now, just moments before writing this, I saw three or four flashlights flash as law breaking hucksters make their way down the peak past sunset.

I might venture up someday, but don't hold your breath. I'm quite happy with the view from below.

No comments:

Post a Comment