Sunday, January 22, 2017

some wanders end with milkshakes...

We have finally hit a sweet spot with rain up here on the Central Coast! These hills have been brown for so long, it is delightful to see them so green and pretty! The cows appear to be happy as well. When the hills are brown, you rarely see any of the cows just chilling as they are too busy searching for food. Now that food is a little more abundant, they do not have to work as hard.
Even though we're a bit thrilled with all the rain, there has been a bit of cabin fever building up at the homestead a-go-go. Mr. a-go-go and I decided it was high time we got to wandering and so we bundled up and headed out to Montaña de Oro (I know, we go there a lot). I wanted to see if the tide was in, and the mister wanted to look for rocks that might work as heads for his mudmen.
The tide wasn't exactly in but the creek was so full, it changed the shape of the beach just a bit at the cove. It was also quite wet and drizzly with sideways drizzle due to the wind...even though we were hardly keeping dry, I was quite happy to wander and admire the rocks and stones along the beach. They look so much prettier when wet, don't they?
While I was perfectly happy in the drizzle, the mister was not, and so we headed back across the cove to the slippery steps up to the car. I stopped to take a quick video of the tiny waterfalls which yo ucan see here...if ya like.
And of course, we headed out for burgers and milkshakes at Sylvester's. I am a big fan of milkshakes when it is raining. Never in the summer...they are too rich for hot days...hot days are for slurpees...
Driving home, we were the only car on the road1 It was still a bit drizzly and grey...so drizzly and grey, even the birdies were hiding out. This is Los Osos Valley Road and usually, it is a pretty happening place. 
And this lovely bit of marshy-ness is what I like to call the cow pond. It has been dry for a few years so seeing it both wet and vast makes my heart happy! 
And this...this is my favorite view coming home. That beauty right there is called Bishop Peak and it the most popular hiking trail in town. I have never done it, while the mister does it almost every weekend. It's a bit too crowded with people littering up the place, playing loud music, and generally disregarding the trail. I prefer Felsman Loop, which is not popular at all, so is relatively quiet save for an errant wild turkey or two. Also, I think I just prefer loops in general. Someday though, I will head up Bishop if only to enjoy the view which I hear is quite stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment