Saturday, October 08, 2016

the middlest

I fear middle age has conked me on the head rather on schedule. I say this because a concession has been made. It's official friends, I have purchased my first pack of granny panties. Granted...these are microfiber granny panties but they still come up to my belly button all the same and appear alarmingly of-girth when I side-eye them before plunging the somewhat still-shapely heft of my legs into the ample leg holes of my brand new microfiber chic granny panties.

It. Had. To. Be. Done.

You see, dear friends, as of late, I have succumbed to the chafe of my thighs...I'm not bemoaning the heft but rather appreciating how much they love each other...they just can't get enough..and so, they hug... All. Day. Long. I mean get a room already, ok?

So, due to the lovefest that has been happening, I have had to encase them in bike shorts or skimmies, or leggings or pettipants, or a combo of two or more and when that happens, there are multiple waist bands embracing my lovely ample self and well...there are lumps and a snowman effect may happen. Sigh.

What to do? What to do? I thought, and I thought, and I thought some more and my a-ha moment happened whilst doing laundry and I eye-spied my hip-hugging-bikini-shaped skivvies from the juniors section of JC Penneys. With a heave and a ho, a sigh, and an eye roll, I knew I needed to embrace the middle of my middle-age and invest in some granny panties.

And so I did. 

Here's to new adventures, no?

2 comments:

  1. ah yes: the snowman effect... GO GO GO GRANNY CHIC A-GO-GO!!! (HEART EMOJI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wot no pictures? :-D
    Welcome to the club...

    ReplyDelete