Monday, July 18, 2016

on skeeziness and homemade dressing

It's been too hot to cook so salad it is. I've been lazy and scooping up bagged salads here and there...the kind with the dressing and all the bits wrapped up in a zillion little plastic bags which I am simultaneously grateful for and skeezed out about all the waste. They are handy though, as is the equally skeezy chicken I buy by the bagful from Trader Joe's which gets roasted up and scissored to bits to add a bit of protein to our dinner. This time around though, the greens came from the farmers market (farmer's market?) as did the blueberries (the chicken however is trusty old TJ's). To add to my feelings of fanciness, I whipped up a honey lime dressing with no recipe...a little olive oil, juice from two limes, a spoonful of honey, crushed garlic, and a dash of salt and pepper. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment