Tuesday, July 05, 2016

celebrating 80!

The mama a-go-go turns 80 this year and one of the sisters thought it would be lovely to gift her with the gift of 80. I put my thinking cap on and came up with this lovely (if I do say so myself) little books full of 80 bird stamps. Why bird stamps? Good question. The family a-go-go is pretty keen on birds, and pretty keen on letters, and the mama a-go-go has broken out her watercolors again so the mister and I thought it would be sweet to gift her with 80 lovely bird stamps from around the world that she could use for inspiration and engage that paint palette of hers.
I ordered the stamps from etsy and of course had to play with them when they arrived. I had no idea how these would be presented, but after much sorting and fiddling...
I found I could present them in a rainbow assortment...there were 100 stamps in the package and so I set about sorting them by color. Once that was done, I pulled out the extra, extra duplicates and put my thinking cap back on...rainbow...check...but how?
After wandering through Michael's for forever and a day, I discovered this sweet little accordion book blank housed in a tin..this could work! I used repositionable glue dots and repositioned the heck out of the stamps until I could fit all 80 into the wee book. I have to admit, I was quite smitten...
Some duplicates could not be helped but I think it is purty either way...I did have to sneak stamps onto the back cover though...shhhhh...
The stamps on the tin do not count towards the 80....the mama a-go-go liked it so much it sits on the mantle in the living room...
The leftover stamps went towards the card...I am in charge of the gift and the mister is in charge of the card, which in my opinion, is much, much better than any gift! Other gifts included a jar filled with 80 sparks of joy and a gorgeous box filled to the brim with letters from the mama a-go-go's old friends and family, sharing their favorite memories of her.
Happy Birthday, Mama (a-go-go)!

1 comment:

  1. oh i LOVE this!!! i need to get cracking on something for Poppy's NINETIETH coming up next summer!!!

    ReplyDelete