Monday, April 13, 2015

this and that

I, like many other folks out there in internet land, finished reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and while I did donate another six bags of clothes to the thrift I did not tackle the pink room...not yet. But there is a floor in the bedroom now, and shoes have a happy place, and well, it's pretty and spiffy and to celebrate I bought myself a pair of shorts even though I firmly believe that no one needs to see the scary that is my legs from the knee up but you know what? Screw 'em...they may be lumpy legs but they still get me around...right? And no...they aren't old lady shorts...not exactly.

4 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention it - Life Changing Magic is on top of my to re-read pile right now since I'm once again feeling overwhelmed by STUFF. It's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should buy it, no? I love the premise...

      Delete
  2. I need to read that book! In the last week i have taken a carful of stuff to goodwill, a stack of books to the library's used bookstore and several large bags of fabric and yarn to a senior center. Yet my sewing room is still a big mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I think crafting materials are the hardest to part with...I have sooo much but can't use it all and I'm pretty sure no one else wants it and it feels so wasteful to toss it....siiiigh....thank goodness for the preschool!

      Delete