Monday, March 23, 2015

scrumdilly style 3: day 2

Chunky girls take note, the current trend is oversized tops for festival girls works in your favor! This tee is from Forever 21 and is a size Medium (get out!) I however am not 21 and far from a size medium but I loved this shirt when I spied it. It's loose enough to not fit snuggly but fitting enough to keep me from looking sloppy (I hope). Since the top is cropped I had to pair it with a tank. The lavender tank was $3 and also from F21. This one is a 2X. The XL fit but fit so snug it inched its way up  as if to cop a feel. I prefer my layers to be fitted but not so fitted I'm flashing people every which way. If you choose to wear a boxy top, make sure your skirt or pants are less boxy so that your frame balances out. The green linen pants are a new purchase from J. Jill. They are a dark olive with an elastic waistband and are cropped in length. Thick ankles be damned, I love a cropped pant. J. Jill's elastic waist bottoms tend to run large, just so you know. Their jeans however run a smidge small, not super small but they do not offer much wiggle room. I wear 12-16 in denim depending on the cut and brand. Their 14 skinny jean fits me tight in the waist but loose in the thigh, it may be because their denim sits at your natural waist and not at your hip. Not a mom jean waist but a higher waist than current trends.

*I've got 24 outfits for you to see so I am posting 2 a day with tips, tricks, and notes for you to find your fashion groove.


  1. Anonymous8:26 AM

    Very lovely! You look adorable in this outfit.Hopefully it belongs in the category you reach for often!
    I like your awesome sense of humour and the way you write.

    1. Thank you, Julie! Sadly I sat in blach while wearing these trousers and well...ooof! also, the shirt, i lvoe this shirt, got a stain I could not work wonders on. Alas, this outfit is no more. Siiigh!