Sunday, February 08, 2015

getting a little bit crafty for valentine's day

So, I've not only misplaced my blogging mojo but I have misplaced my crafty mojo as well. I blame this virus...it has knocked me on my arse. I'm still cough, cough, coughing away and the goo...oh the goo!
To keep me on my toes and force myself into crafty mode I signed up for Aunt Peaches Valentine Swap. And as always, I had too many ideas and far too many piles of crafty crap to rifle through to find any sort of focus.
In the end I went with an idea I had been sitting on for three years now (only because the crafty bits were out where I could see them and hello...it was about time I made the darn things)...wood doily dream catcher dealios! How's that for an official name?
I left one of the catchers au natural, and painted up the other two. Use a toothpick to clear any of the lacey cuts and a set on a sheet of wax paper to dry. Drying time is pretty short...fifteen minutes or so. Use a needle to thread the floss throughout the doily...add a vintage button or bead where you will, and tie it off with a dab of glue for good measure.
I really like how they turned out! I wish you could still find the doilies at Michael's...I haven;t seen them in a few months. Maybe they will return for spring?
I'll post the valentines I receive soon. So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment