Monday, March 31, 2014
Saturday, March 29, 2014
Friday, March 28, 2014
3 and 8...easy peasy. And the shoes I have to tell ya were a thrift find. Barely worn if even worn at all these were a studio shoe...a shoe that was purchased to be worn by an actor or extra. They have writing inside for the wardrobe department. I know this because I am a child of the San Fernando Valley (like omigod) and have visited a few wardrobe departments in my day. Not only that, these babies are Allegria and sport rhinestoney skull bling on them. Skulls! My inner 80s death rocker loves them for that and my inner old lady who pines for the comfort of nursing shoes loves the comfort of these. These retail for pennies shy of $120 and I got these and two other pair for a total of $24.98! It's the thrift score of the year!
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
items 1 and 8.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
blanket shelf (I need to take a better photo for ya to see how cool it is). and don't worry, a cloud diy is coming soon!
Monday, March 24, 2014
Sunday, March 23, 2014
I have to admit I really did enjoy my adventure in capsule wardrobing. I enjoyed it so much I thought I would give it another go but this time make it for a week...it seems I have a LOT of bits and bobs crammed into the not-so-large closet. It's about time I actually stretched myself to wear what is inside instead of pulling on the same pair of jeans and same three grey tops over and over again.
There are all sorts of things in the closet that I always seem to make the cut when I purge but never actually get worn. Though I can't really say that is the case for this round as most of the items are a bit new in the newly thrifted sense...I'll break it down for ya in case you are actually reading thisand are interested.
1. newish top from F21 for some reason I can wear their tops. This one has a faux cross-stitch design. I like that about it and that this is a t-shirt cut but in lace. I really need to wear it though (and I did...three times!)
2. An old Mossimo fave from Target. I remember I really wanted the button-down but there was no way it would um...button down. It's the colors that make me smile and so I got this top instead. It is a soft cotton and I like the boat neck. The sleeves could be a little longer though.
3. This orange top was purchased last year from F21. It is a vivid orange which doesn't show up in the photo. It's sheer and boxy and I like the assymetricality of it. I only wore this once during the week but I tried it on with the green skirt and under the smock dress and it worked.
4. This smock dress was thrifted sometime last fall from the outlet wear clothing is sold by the pound. It is a bit more faded than in the photo and it has pockets which is always a good thing. It worked as a smock on it's own and as a jumper when worn over other tops. All of the tops save for the black sweatshirt worked with this.
5. I picked this up from Target around the holidays. I love it. It is super soft and comfy and has a neon pink zipper that flashes about in the back. While I do love a babydoll I am ready to acknowledge that maybe it is not the most flattering shape for the goodness that is my chunky self. Sigh...you'll see...
6. This green skirt is a F21 skirt but I got it at Goodwill for $1.98 (yay for half off days). It is a super vivid green...like crayon green. This was the basis for the entire capsule. I picked it to wear for St. Patrick's day because I am nothing if not a ham. Looks good with all the tops and under the grey dress...or so I though.
7. Another F21 purchase. Eeegads it looks like my mini wardrobe has been sponsored by the place but really I own maybe a dozen pieces and it seems I tend to wear them all together, I love the boxy shape of this sweatshirt...and the zippers. It however may not like my body.
8. And my old baggy patchy jeans. I love these jeans even if they do tend to fall down a lot. I usually only wear them at home now because the hitch and walk is not really a pretty sight. but yeah...I wore these all week. I like the patchiness and how they have been patched for ages way before the couture trend.
So that's it folks. The week has been completed and I will be posting the results here...I'm beginning a new week this week as well....you just may get tired of all this but I hope you are inspired instead.
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Rinconada trail which had more of an elevation climb. I was also congested with allergies and now I am more so but still I got out!
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
|the return of the cold pressed coffee|
|cloud pillows in the classroom|
Saturday, March 08, 2014
cent-happy-feel-good essential oil that I forgot to verify ALL the ingredients to...I shake my fist at you, eucalyptus, you! So I have no idea if the wheeze is from that darn oil or from the whatever it is the wind throws at me. I'm not 100% certain I am allergic to eucalyptus...it's just that whenever I am around the trees and back when I used good old vick's I got sick. Some say vick's does not have enough of the oil in it and that I am probably allergic to the camphor or the menthol but other products with menthol are fine for me. When the wind dies down and I am feeling better I will try the oil again and see what happens. It smells so good!
coffee then a fabric shop wander but first I need to finish laundry, eat some lunch, and hit up the library. Oh wait! I forgot to tell ya I'm jumping back into this capsule wardrobe dealio (though I will be taking a break from it when we go camping). The new batch is built around a sheer pleated skirt in emerald green that I scored at the thrift for two smackeroos! While one combo may make me look like the middle-aged gal I am, I am hoping the rest are quirky yet stylish enough to make me look like a grown up and not just a crazy chunky 40-something. Happy March!
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
last year the fountain was closed. It was overcast but not raining and I eyed the height of the fountain edge and felt old and out of shape. But then the mister pulled me up to the ledge, we clasped hands and flew! While I did manage to not do that weird spider-man thing I usually do, I totally forgot to think about my face. GAH! Oh well...both the mister and I were feeling under the weather and silly poofy face or not I adore that guy and the jump must go on! Many many mwahs, hugs, and kisses to my bestest who pushed the shutter button for us. I adore you!
*if you want to see all of our jumps, hop on over to flickr!
*if you want to see all of our jumps, hop on over to flickr!