Tuesday, August 26, 2014

playing blog catch up

I've been stupid busy prepping my class for the new school year (which began this week)! So here is a smidge of a recap to remind me that I indeed did something more than nothing...Mister and I celebrated twelve years of knowing each other with the traditional rootbeer float.
 I tried to spend my mornings eating breakfast in the garden (pollen be damned). There is a lot growing and now we have tiny pumpkins, sugar pumpkins, and butternut squash. I am soooo looking forward to Fall!
 This is what the pink room still looks like. Each container is for a picture book or theme for my classroom. Inside you will find felt board stuff or fine motor bits. I still have about a dozen boxes to go through. Can you guess how I will be spending my holiday weekend?
The classroom has undergone a major overhaul. I think I spent well over 40 hours just in the room, cleaning, organizing and moving things around. Add all the time spent by my co-teacher and parents who helped out and many many hours went into making it grand. I now have a nifty collection of baskets and wood bowls to hold my collections of random bits like rocks and decorative balls.
The organization of our paint shelf at school has me stupid happy. The way we have it all set up now everything has a place. If only I can harness this for the pink room. Someday....right?
The first day of school came and went and I am over the moon with my collection of kiddos. This group is going to keep me on my toes...I can tell. Happy August, it's almost over and I still have to take a picture of the bed. I've been too lazy to make it pretty. All the colors and linens are in place, I'm just too pooped to photograph it. This weekend I will, I promise! I already know what the September bed is going to look like....mostly.

4 comments:

  1. Love that little blue arm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a delightful little blue arm!

      Delete
  2. Love your supply cabinet. It's always nice to start the year so well organized. I am off on a new adventure this year so am thinking I amy need to upgrade my organization for this. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? the chaos was worth it...no? ;)

      Delete