Saturday, June 14, 2014

recapping my craftiness in 2013


I've been MIA for a smidge now but I think that it has gone mostly unnoticed as the tide of blog reading has shifted. I'm not getting the pageviews I used to. In fact I'm getting even less than I did when I first began eight years ago! What's up internet? I need to rethink this whole blogging bit...at least the part where I blog for an audience. I will still be adding my moments and stories as they happen and well, as I remember them. It's been a busy year and I hope to add some blather sometime this summer. So for now, since the year is almost half over, how about a peek at all the crafty bits I did and blogged about last year? Wait, I'll do that in a separate post...next. Happy June!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm when people read blogs through a feed reader, does it still count as page views? The only time I ever actually visit a blog is when I comment... like now :)

    I actually just pared down my blog feed to almost nothing. Yours is one of the few I kept - my criteria being pretty much do I know and like the person (must be yes), and are they trying to sell me something I don't need (must be NO, regardless of whether I know and like them!). You passed my test with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I made the list. I read yours as well...and oh my....and thank you!

      Delete
    2. Other than my medical blog, I haven't blogged in years - if that's the one you're still reading, then wow - thanks!

      Delete
    3. Yes, I do read it and I tuck it all in my noggin as I try to figure out my own thyroid wonkiness!

      Delete
  2. I've never blogged for an audience but rather to have an online presence. However, back around 2009-10 my numbers went through the roof. Can't tell you why but now, not so much. It's steady and I enjoy writing, so I do it to entertain myself and if a few others like it, then that's all that matters. So, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the blogging world a bit fickle...kinda arbitrary really and a popularity contest as well. I've been so busy this year and my head so full of things to write that when i sit down to write it all flies away. I'm looking forward to ekeing out some writing time this summer!

      Delete