Wednesday, May 21, 2014

diy seaside magnets

This lickety-split diy was meant to be for Mother's Day as a follow-up to last year's Mother's Day Make on scrumdilly-do!
 
If you are lucky enough to have access to a beach with happy shells, gather a small variety (leave some for the sea!) and bring them home for a rinse. While I do live near the sea I picked my shells up from a nifty shell shop that I simultaneously adore and abhor (it's complicated, isn't it?) These set me back a smidge shy of $3.
Use strong button magnets which can be found at your local craft store or online, and super strong glue such as E-6000 (also from your local craft store and/or online). Dollop away and allow to cure.
 
Gift in a happy tin or small fabric bag or keep for yourself and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. They're really pretty. I've got some Scrabble tiles than I keep meaning to turn into fridge magnets, so I'll add shells to that to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I know of the shop in Morro Bay of which you speak though I have never been in it. Some of those touristy places along that stretch give me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete