Saturday, March 08, 2014

this and that


It's warm today..I suppose this warming trend is here to stay. It's kinda a bummer. One of the reasons I love living up in this little town is that it tends to be cooler than Los Angeles and cooler longer at that. Our summers were mild kinda like most springs but now? Eegads it's been warm. The garden likes it, the birds do too. It's kinda nice but so out of place. It makes me feel a bit discombobulated. Tends to make me feel a bit off, sleepy and even a smidge weepy...you know, more than usual. Yup, I'm a bit a of a mess. A mostly happy mes with weepy bits in between but a good number of those weepy bits are happy weepies so there is that.
My nose has sort of been working (thanks to evil meds) and my breathing has been sort of okay but the wind has been kicking up a storm here and I did ingest a wonderfully scent-happy-feel-good essential oil that I forgot to verify ALL the ingredients to...I shake my fist at you, eucalyptus, you! So I have no idea if the wheeze is from that darn oil or from the whatever it is the wind throws at me. I'm not 100% certain I am allergic to eucalyptus...it's just that whenever I am around the trees and back when I used good old vick's I got sick. Some say vick's does not have enough of the oil in it and that I am probably allergic to the camphor or the menthol but other products with menthol are fine for me. When the wind dies down and I am feeling better I will try the oil again and see what happens. It smells so good!
In other news I found this coffee concentrate from the Georgia Coffee Company and it is awful. I should have read the ingredients. I usually do but this is what happens when I operate with a fever and too little sleep and need to be at work. The first ingredient is water, the second is HFCS....it is more sweet than coffee...I mixed up an iced coffee in my to go cup but didn't try it...when I got to schol I almost did a spit take it was so sweet. I thought I added flavored half n half but I didn't. Yowza! Note to self always, always, ALWAYS read the ingredient list.
 
Thank goodness I still have some of my happy me. Super drats though that I found it at TJ Maxx and only picked up one box. I went back and it was all gone. And now I can't find it online anywhere. Grr. This tisane is really tasty and smells delicious. I only drink it when my sniffer is working.
 
I got some grannies in the mail the other day and it totally made my day! I miss happy mail and love sending it as well so if you have a knack for granny squares or want to swap something, drop me a line...for reals!
We're going camping next weekend! Looking forward to it but hoping the evenings are not too chilly. My sad throat and nodes don't like the col cold air. We're talking sore throat for days. But where we are camping is surrounded by oak and knock on wood, oak is one of the very few tres I am NOT allergic too. Whoo-hoo!
Well folks, that's all for now...nothing much really. I'm heading out to meet a friend for coffee then a fabric shop wander but first I need to finish laundry, eat some lunch, and hit up the library. Oh wait! I forgot to tell ya I'm jumping back into this capsule wardrobe dealio (though I will be taking a break from it when we go camping). The new batch is built around a sheer pleated skirt in emerald green that I scored at the thrift for two smackeroos! While one combo may make me look like the middle-aged gal I am, I am hoping the rest are quirky yet stylish enough to make me look like a grown up and not just a crazy chunky 40-something. Happy March!

6 comments:

  1. I'd happily swap stuff in the mail with you. But I can't make granny squares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, let's swap fun! I think I still have your address....

      Delete
  2. Excited for the new capsul - I enjoyed your first one and am inspired to try the same thing myself! Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i think i will be doing shorter versions...seven days so that i really work through my darn closet! pics coming soon.

      Delete
  3. I hope camping goes well! I'm also loving the idea of another capsule wardrobe. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you liza! i sadly did not make it camping but the capsule wardrobe is happening. tomorrow will be day four! i need to post pics...

      Delete