Friday, March 28, 2014

scrumdilly style: day 3

The temps for the week seemed to be summery. I think it was 85 on the day I wore this ensemble. I love this ensemble. Cool, comfortable, and not in the least bit old lady-ish. I paired items 3 and 8...easy peasy. And the shoes I have to tell ya were a thrift find. Barely worn if even worn at all these were a studio shoe...a shoe that was purchased to be worn by an actor or extra. They have writing inside for the wardrobe department. I know this because I am a child of the San Fernando Valley (like omigod) and have visited a few wardrobe departments in my day. Not only that, these babies are Allegria and sport rhinestoney skull bling on them. Skulls! My inner 80s death rocker loves them for that and my inner old lady who pines for the comfort of nursing shoes loves the comfort of these. These retail for pennies shy of $120 and I got these and two other pair for a total of $24.98! It's the thrift score of the year!

4 comments:

  1. wouldn't you love to know who wore them???!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it could be fun. chances are they were worn by an extra though...or we could watch all the current shows and see which character wears this type. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think you have inspired me to dig through my closet and mix things up a bit. I've been wearing the same basic outfits all winter . . . and I think I am in a huge rut. Great outfits! Love those shoes . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Dig away and try it for a week or pull out two sets and pick and choose. I picked out one set for this week but have been wearing outfits from a different set because I liked the pants option better. Have fun!

      Delete