Tuesday, February 04, 2014

the great capsule wardrobe adventure: days 16 and 17

i like a ukulele lady; items 7 and 5
Enough with the grainy, right? I'm not sure what's going on but my fancy-pants camera seems to be failing me in semi-low light. Drats! The old lady top is back and faded quite a bit after its first wash. I still love it though. It is silly comfy and quirky and only slightly old ladyish. The linen skirt totally works and I paired it with my linenish grey flats that I failed to take a picture of. The uke is just there cuz the mister made it and it is nifty and I was tired of just stannding there. A model I am not.
those are laugh lines i swear
again with the cute but uncomfortable shoes.
Another hot day. The red turned bergundy top is a great top for warmer weather. I like the fit and the fabric and now thanks to a dipping in black dye, the color. I was not in love with my hair and thankfully it was not a work day so I clippity-clipped it to high heaven and tied a bandana around the whole thing which lasted the smidgiest of smidges as the back of my head is stupid flat and all headbands just slide right off. Wheeeeee!
jek-a-billy is thing, right? items 10 and 11
Still loving the jeans though I think my love affair with these Reese's hearts is adding to a snuggier fit. I can't believe I had not paired this top with the jeans before...and did you notice I did wear the same outfit twice save for the shoes? Allergies will make a girl forget, I blame them.

8 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job mixing it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you m'dear! i'm still feeling frump city but care less about it. ;)

      Delete
  2. I am enjoying your project immensely! Day 17 might be my most favorite. And your closeup photo is so pretty! I love your hair in that one! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Liza, thank you! Warms my wee little heart. ;)

      Delete
  3. I was looking at your hair with bandana pic and thinking, "I wish I could wear a bandana that way, but the back of my head is too flat". I wear them a lot because I'm lazy about fixing my hair, but I wear them a lot further up- closer to my face, because if my flat head situation. And still I'm constantly adjusting. You look adorable in all these pics. I could not get started on my capsule wardrobe this past weekend but I'm still definitely doing it. You are an inspiration Jek. I'm trying to talk my 12 year daughter into doing it too. She's very into fashion and has a ton of clothes- mostly in piles in her room. I want her to weed it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on the flat head! I use a lot of bobby pins to hold the bandana in place. a lot! also hairspray. tons of it. then at some point i think i look ridiculous and attempt to take it off but by then my hair is all shellacked into some sort of crazy do and i'm stuck with it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, and I meant to ask where you got your gorgeous specs. They are lovely! Are they vintage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are and thank you! i get my vintage frames from Old Focals in Pasadena, Ca. They have an etsy shop too and Rus now makes vintage inspired frames for guys and gals.

      Delete