Sunday, February 23, 2014

arting it up for the february bed

I do not have any diy photos but I'll tell ya it is super easy. The hardest part is waiting for the paint to dry. I used three sheets of paper sized 11"X 17" and squirted a bunch of happy colors on each piece. I then grabbed an old credit card and got to scraping the paint around, adding more and scrape, scrape, scraping away. I ended up with a large blob of paint on each piece of paper that i scraped off with cardboard.
After the paint dried, I cut out a heart shape from each piece using a pattern I made from another piece. I used a pattern so each heart was the same size and shape and I would not have to fold the painted paper.
Hearts are taped to the wall with painters tapes. Washi tape did not hold and masking tape would probably pull paint off the wall. I do love happy scrape art!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! As someone who doesn't have a steady hand for paintbrush amazingness, I think I should give this a try! ;)