Saturday, November 30, 2013

sweet november: you {me}

Well what do ya know? It's the last day of November, the last day of sweet november and the prompt for today is you. I have other, more flattering photos of myself taken this month but thought to use this one from today, you know...to keep it real. Today was a bit of a crappy day. My allergies decided to throw and all-nighter and I woke up feeling like someone held me under a vat of glue. I managed to stomach some pancakes and then had a crying fit before I went back to bed for another four hours. After much panic and deliberation, I decided to hit up my last pack of steroids and I have to admit that six hours later, I am feeling a smidge better. Let's cross our fingers tomorrow is even more so. I'm wary of taking them because they leave my immune system more open and vulnerable to all the ick around me but at this point, breathing and sleeping are at the top of my list. Let's hope I can keep the kiddo germs at bay and extra hope my flu shot sticks (knock on wood). So this is me, two hours or so after I woke up from my nap, chapped lips, no lippy, and no make-up or moisturizer even. Just me in my pjs and thrifted top...happy november!

If ya wanna see all my other sweet november 2 posts, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the photo challenge . . . I actually completed it (yeah for me) . . . and had fun doing it each day. I hope your holidays are relaxing and full of everything festive and bright. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the challenge! I hope your holiday is just as relaxing and extra full of joy!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your allergies,it sounds miserable. I was wondering if you have tried going gluten-free and if that would help. I only make the suggestion because my allergies (and headaches) have been significantly improved since I went gluten-free a couple of years ago. Although, my allergies were never as severe as yours. I hope I don't come across as being nosey or butting in where I don't belong, I just thought I would throw that out there if you hadn't considered that before. And I have to say, you look beautiful au naturel :) Feel free to email me re: gluten-free if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Cassi, thank you. I have not tried totally gluten-free. I have cut down significantly but I have a very good friend in the wings to help waiting for when I am ready to take that leap. I'm sure she wishes I would jump already! ;)

      Delete
  3. All too familiar with the whole "should I or shouldn't I" thing with steroids. Recently went on a immunosuppressant so steroids are no longer an option. I really miss the option. Modern medicine and the trade offs that go with it are grand. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say- I think this pic of you is great.

    ReplyDelete