Wednesday, November 20, 2013

sweet november: pumpkin


mr. a-go-go and I went to a pumpkin potluck this past weekend to celebrate a friend's birthday. We made pumpkin espresso ice cream which was a bit on the meh side. I think it needed more sugar. We also brought homemade donuts which I thought were going to be a bust but then they cooled down and were quite tasty. There was not a crumb left. I need to make them again. I found the recipe on pinterest and baked them in the cupcake baker. I think it was this recipe. So good! Oh and that photo up there? That is espresso with pumpkin ice cream (trader joe's, not mine). Also very, very, tasty!



There was pumpkin risotto, pumkin brioche, carrot cake...cheesecake...


Homemade chocolate dipped marshmallows (I had three).


And this fantastic savory bit that was kind of like a bread pudding crashed into a rarebit. Holy moly, was this good!


After we ate and stuffed ourselves silly we headed outside for some festive fun. It was time to make some birthday art....


And as it turns out, while we may be awesome at whipping up pumpkin dishes, we are a little less awesome when it comes to popping balloons with darts.


We managed (I popped two!) and then mister started throwing sticks...


and then everyone started throwing sticks...


and then the birthday girl got right up in that last green balloon's face and gave it some what for...


I want to do this for my birthday...I may need some darts.

No comments:

Post a Comment