Tuesday, August 06, 2013

the august bed

Hi there! This is my last bed post for the tiny casa as the mister and I are moving back to the homestead a-go-go. We'll have much less space but there will be light, fun, laughter and more. We will be reunited with the witch-baby and there will also be a garden...whoo-hoo! in the meantime, enjoy this bed post....instead of making any art for above the bed, I hung my tiny collection of thrifted art. I think this arrangement may be a keeper. What do you think?



  1. I LOVE this arrangement, especially the lower right for some reason.


    Although -- as much as I ADORE the dangling pom-pons -- I worry about their fiber-y-ness (and dust-attracting-ness) being so near your sleeping noggin... Fret, fret, fret.


  2. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Your monthly beds are so photo-worthy! Oh, I can just imagine this: I see photos of your monthly bed, xeroxed on to paper, then the xeroxed photos sewn into a little book (or not so little, so that we can see the photos); the binding is sewn together a la "japanese binding" style. I would so buy a little book like that from your Etsy shop.

    Or...anyway, you don't have to make a little bed book...but just wanted to say: so wonderful these monthly beds! They inspired me this past year. I bought some used or "new old stock" vintage sheets on ebay and etsy. Mainly with floral designs. Will (some day soon??) make little comforters with a layer of cotton batting between the sheets. I'm making two for our bed, in the European style of "everybody gets their own blanket." Have learned to love this Euro sleeping technique for sleeping partners!


  3. Your lovely bed inspired me to make a huge rag quilt. Thank you.

  4. Your lovely beds inspired me to have a go at making a huge rag quilt. I am so pleased with it! Thank you. Good luck in everything you do.