Saturday, August 24, 2013

did i tell ya?


I got a new gig? A pretty darn nifty one at that, both working with children and working with nifty peoples? I'm super excited and nervous and excited! I am now officially a teacher of wee children. Early education runs through my veins and now I have my own classroom. Pinch me and hit me with the silly stick, I am gleefully flabbergasted at this bit of nifty.


I will have my own class two days a week and do the assistant's shuffle for two other days. I will get to work with three-year-olds to five-year-olds with a team of collaborators and people of my tribe.


My room, my very own classroom is actually a shared room and that's just swell as the lovely person I am sharing with is just so darn nifty I could stuff myself with marshmallows and call it a day. For now it is a bit of a large blank slate that will soon be filled with the many, many creations of small hands.


First day of class is fast approaching and the butterflies in the belly re flapping around drunk on dandelion wine. Eeeps!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting! That is really great news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm just getting kooky nervous by the minute!

      Delete
  2. CONGRATS!!
    I'm so happy for you! I know you will be a fabulous instigator of learning and exploration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you Kara! I figure the first few weeks will be a learning process and getting to know you kinda deal but after that? let the art fun begin!

      Delete
  3. Your enthusiasm just made my day!
    I have children all over my home and i'm so grateful there are people like you to teach them and play with them all day long in school! I can manage some kids of my own, I love doing stuff and reading stuff, learning a bit etc. with my 3 kiddos at home, but a whole class of 4 yo sounds like a nightmare to me ;-)
    Congratulations, I'm sure they will teach you as much as you will teach them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, yer super sweet! i am terribly enthused, excited, and nervous all at the same time and can't help but wonder "what if i am awful?" eeps!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the new gig, those kiddos are going to be lucky to have you for a teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay. I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful! Congratulations . . . 3-5 year olds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Jessica! I hope they know how lucky they are to have you and I can't wait to follow along in this new adventure!

    ReplyDelete