Monday, May 27, 2013

the week in review: may 20-26

Most of last week was spent wrangling the kiddos at the preschool, and wrangling with the chaos that is allergies. It's been a windy week and all the pollens are back and they are quite attracted to me. What can I say, I am a pollen magnet.

Other than worky work, there was a visit to my local community college to see if I could take some classes to get my teaching permit, a lot of fruit consumption, a smidge of crafting, and some waiting around for a handyman to come fix our leaky faucets (they were ultra leaky).

Saturday was an epic errand day with some fruitful thrift scores (lookie the girlscout patches!), and a large pile of library reads. I squeezed in an ultra-mini downtown photo wander whilst the mister hit the trails for a hike with the nephew a-go-go and his a-go-go Dad. I even managed a quick round of baking (which involves a little story coming soon) and the breaking in of a sort-of new pair o' slippers.

I'm fighting a sore throat that may be a cold, may be a virus, or may be allergies...I'm hoping it's allergies, so this week will be more worky-work, and a lot of resty-rest, with a bit of all that other everyday stuff that needs to get did. Happy almost June!

**likey my fabulous necklace? Thank you to Joy for the lovely bit of handmade mail goodness, I adore it!


  1. Oh yay you got it! I'm glad you like it :-)

    1. Joy, I adore it! I've worn it a few times and have gotten lots of compliments. It's a super hit with the kiddos at school too...they like to touch the leaves and the flower. Thank you!