Sunday, May 26, 2013

fiesta diy: tiny crepe paper lantern garland


Oy! Well, this was supposed to be up before Cinco de Mayo but since it is still the month of May I won't beat myself up too much. Here is another fun garland project you can make in a jiffy, and even your kiddos can whip up a few.

Follow the same instruction for the crepe paper papel picados but instead of using large sheets of paper, use smaller, narrower sheets. I did not manage any progress pics but you can fold a sheet of plain white paper into fourths from top to bottom, cut strips out then layer your scalloped streamers on top. Once dry, cut each strip into thirds and roll those into tubes, sealing with  dab of glue. Use a needle and thread to string up and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! I love this! I'll have to remember it for a Cinco de Mayo party next year!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Make 'em for the 4th of July or any other summer party! I want to make more in different colors! Thank you!

      Delete