Saturday, April 20, 2013

cock-a-doodle-doooooooo

 

I do believe I danced  jig when I came upon this rooster head at the thrift sometime back in the fall. I already have a duck and I have seen the cows and the pigs and oh lordy, if I ever found a goat I think I would plotz...Sadly, mister rooster only had one eye and when the mister asked me why on earth I would bother with a one-eyed rooster I batted by greenish blues and simply said "It's a rooster"! He rolled his eyes and I then told him I was going to make it an eye-patch and after many months of me NOT making an eye-patch for it, this morning found the mister puttering about mumbling to himself something along the lines of marrying some kind of nincompoop as he pulled out black paper and snippety-snipped a tiny eye-patch for my one-eyed rooster noggin (complete with itty bitty skull and crossbones). Swoon...mr. a-go-go really is the bees knees...in fact he is off painting a shelf I picked up even though it is a balmy 85 degrees out. I hope I don't take him away from his own crafty work but sometimes a girl simply needs a shelf painted.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great pirate's patch. Congratulations on having such a fabulous husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a good'en there gal! x

    ReplyDelete