Saturday, February 16, 2013

birthday dreams and wishes

birthday dreams and wishes

birthday dreams and wishes by jekinthebox featuring sephora collection

My birthday is coming up in a few days and people keep asking me what I want. Here are some things at the top of my wishlist that I am working on purchasing for myself and I thought well, if anyone else wants to then I will make a pretty list for them. Let's see if I can explain some of it to ya. 

The shoes there are somethng I really want and I keep revisiting them to remind myself that I am serious about them. They are not exactly birthday priced but they make the picture look a smidge prettier.

The sunflower seeds are up there because I really like snacking on the microgreens and am in need of organic seeds for sprouting. I'm thinking sunflower, chia, and peas sound really tasty! 

The birdie shirt is really sweet and I really like the neckline and of course it being grey just ups the ante in my mind. I am also keen on acquiring a purple, grey or orange shirt from our local record store, speaking of which I added some music up there that I would like to get and think an iTunes card would always be appreciated...or a GC for the record store. 

As for the brush, I want to try dry brushing. Do any of you do it? What do you think?

Stamps are there because I want more stamps. Real usable USPS postage stamps for writing letters. I am trying to write more and stamps would help. This picture was a lot prettier than the one at the USPS site, also you can't clip images from there anyway.

I'm still on the lookout for a pretty embroidered Mexican peasant blouse or dress. They are all so lovely but I think a white top with colorful embroidery would be perfect for summer here in town.

My nose rarely works but I would love to have some chocolate tea around in case it DOES. Adagio teas are really tasty and I like so many it is hard to choose. For now, I will say chocolate with black tea...not rooibos. I'm not really a fan of the rooibos.

The mascara is because I am almost out of mine and I get lazy and buy the cheapie cheap kind and the cup is there because I broke the straw from the one I already have and this one here is not only prettier but BPA free as well.

Lastly, back in highschool, my favorite bag was an old army surplus bag that my brother got me. I loved it and wish I still had it. I think a hefty green army sack would be perfect to use as a camera bag of sorts and would look really cool with some hand-making, patching and embroidery. 

Not included is the ever famous butter fudge I am always talking about. Being anosmic means I don't get to taste much and not tasting much means I have fallen out of love with chocolate. The texture isn't very fun when you cannot taste or smell it. This butter fudge is amazing when you can taste it and smell it and pretty darn good when you can't because the texture is so perfect. It is a hard and chewy fudge...kinda crumbly but is so satisfying to bite into. It was the first thing I added to my polyvore pile and I cannot believe I forgot to actually toss it in the mix. 

So there ya go, sweet dreams for a soon-to-be 42 year old. We're not planning anything big, just lunch or dinner at my favorite place in town (they make the BEST pita bread ever) and I have demanded asked the mister to make me an apple pie...with homemade whipped cream. The week after that we will visit L.A. and see my brother and a few friends, jump at the fountain, and eat ourselves silly so really, I will be celebrating my birthday for a week! 


3 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday, Jek! And you know how I feel about The Shoes... really, if I could only have one pair of shoes and one pair only, that would be The One.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I recognized yer photo on their listing. Still hoping to get these this year...gotta make some more etsy sales.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:21 AM

    happy birthday!! let's do coffee soon, !! Kris

    ReplyDelete