Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2012 in review

One day into 2013 and I cannot wait for all the fun mister & I are going to have. I certainly hope we manage a raod trip or two and a camp out and much, much more. 2012 had us hiking, trekking and creating..here's a looksie:
January: Most of January was spent in the newish tiny casa. We trekked out to test drive cars and spent more than a few days at our favorite beach and I created my last project for Craft.
February: Was a scary month in a-go-go land. My brother was in the ICU due to respiratory failure and was not responding to care. Thankfully he did recover and is still recovering. I am so very glad for that. Other than that ick, I made paneer for the first time and added another year to my forties. Yikes! 
March: Mister and I got a new car and did our eighth jump (I write eight because we jumped at our wedding) at the fountain.
April: April had us itching to get outside. It was a tiny bit rainy but we still managed many hikes and one chilly campout.
May: In May we hit up our favortie tea house for Mother's Day tea with the family, and had a blast checking out the solar eclipse.
June: June involved more hiking, the mister's birthday and rootbeer taste test, and a lovely paper doll party. It also involved saying goodbye to a dear friend who will be missed greatly.
July: In July I managed another 31 Days of Red, White, and Blue. Mister and I went on a mini road trip to Reno with a quick stop to see Tara while she was visiting California. 
August: August was a month of visiting and traveling. We love having visitors and well these people are my most favorite. 
September: In September, mr. a-go-go and I drove across five states to visit with my sister and see my nephew get married. We camped ourselves silly and enjoyed our first long trip with Dr. Eleanor Teeth.
October: For Halloween, mister constructed some awesome Day of the Dead masks for us and we picked up more pumpkins than I knew what to do with.
November: November saw a return of sweet november and we hit the road and spent four days up in the tiny town of Three Rivers with the family a-go-go celebrating Thanksgiving with hiking, cooking, eating and many rounds of exquisite corpse. 
December: No traveling in December, just hanging out with the family a-go-go, baking cookies and taking walks. I also completed my final bed of the year

Looking back it was a tremendous year, our first in the new tiny casa and our first with Dr. Teeth. Here's to 2013 being most extraordinary! 

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you were in Three Rivers-one of our favorite spots. We spent our honeymoon there, 37 years ago, and try to go back often. For many summers, while our daughter was tiny, we went to Lake Elowin, just to relax and do nothing. We recently headed that direction and I even wrote a blog post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I was wrong. I did not write a blog post about our trip to Three Rivers in October, I just thought I did because I really did plan to. But, I think I posted some pics on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I just gasped at your new banner! I love it! Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are so honored and happy to be part of your year(s)!!!!!

    HAPPY 2013, BELOVED JEKIPOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete