Wednesday, November 14, 2012

salad time: diy pomegranate vinaigrette

Mister and I usually dress our salads with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Lately I have been wanting to jazz up our salads with a bit more and decided to whip up a vinaigrette or two. Having previously made dressings using blood oranges from our garden I thought why not pomegranate? I had a lovely batch of seeds/arils camping out in the freezer and thought it shouldn't be too difficult to juice 'em but then I found POM Wonderful on sale at my market for $1 and promptly picked up a wee bottle.

pomegranate vinaigrette
*1/2 cup olive oil
*1/2 cup pomegranate juice
*1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
*2 T finely chopped red onion, garlic, or shallot
*salt and pepper to taste

Pour ingredients into a jar, add lid and shake, shake, shake! Dress a salad of mixed greens, add chopped red onion, and sprinkle with pomegranate arils and roasted pepitas. This makes enough dressing to dress your salads for a week, store in the fridge and use up in ten days, enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment