Friday, October 05, 2012

pinterest: homemade horchata

 
 mr. a-go-go loves himself some fresh horchata. Having lived in Los Angeles we were mostly able to eke out the natural from the not-so-natural. Sadly, too many eateries serve a mix-based beverage. We have yet found a place in town up here that serves a freshly made horchata, so when I found this pin, I went for it. The recipe comes from A Wooden Nest and is so super easy you could begin a batch right now! The next batch will have a smidge less sugar and a smidge more cinnamon. Happy Horchata-ing!

3 comments:

  1. To be honest I had to look up what horchata was - it sounds delicious. I will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Mexican restaurant in Pismo Beach is the only place on the Central Coast that makes if from scratch. what a difference! thanks for sharing one of my favorite treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Wow that was odd. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyhow, just wanted to say great blog!
    My site - Migrate Mail.

    ReplyDelete