Wednesday, August 22, 2012

up to my eyeballs

 It seems this week all I have been doing is moving piles from one part of the tiny casa to the other, picking up tiny threads, snipping tiny threads, photographing projects and other odds and ends, and losing my many post-it notes full of ideas scribbled down with a dull pencil at all hours of the day into the late, late evening.
I'm not complaining,  I do lean towards happy chaos, but goodness, I think I made a mess of the tiny casa and with us heading out on a mini road trip in oh...eight days, I think I can confess that I'm a smidge taxed out.
We have a new neighbor upstairs and I just a moment ago met him as he happened by the kitchen door which was propped open due to it being hot in the the tiny casa (I blame the oven being on and hot flashes). If you had been said neighbor you would have seen me crouched on the kitchen floor covered in scone batter, photographing words written on a paper bag that was tacked to a wood crate surrounded by tiny snips of thread in two different greens, escaped mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. It's a wonder I did not spill my iced coffee. I also believe that though it was well past ten in the morning, I probably still exhibited morning hedgehog hair. Oh yes, I also believe music from Jesus Christ Superstar was blaring through the tinny computer speakers or maybe it was PiL (oh, I know they sound nothing alike, but those were the last two tunes I remembered hearing as I emt the neighbor, ya gotta love iTunes shuffle).
I'm taking a mini break to load and edit photos, drink iced coffee topped with mini marshmallows (the mallows were added purely for photo effect but now I quite like them) and plan my next area of attack. I have blog posts to write up for the dilly and the do and I have a handful of guest posts to work on for a new endeavor. There is a fancy camera sitting here loaded and ready for me to play with (though play is limited as I have forgotten all the tricks to a manual camera and this puppy weighs four and a half pounds), and I suppose I should put on non-batter covered clothes, brush my hair and get back to some project doing.
Just thinking of all that makes me think I need another jar of iced coffee...marshmallows included.

No comments:

Post a Comment