Wednesday, August 29, 2012

our favorite summer sandwich

 Years ago I grabbed an awesome sandwich from the Cheese Store of Silverlake that was soooooo tasty I needed to replicate it as soon as possible and so I did. I can't remember what the original ingredients were but here's the a-go-go version...

sweet and savory sandwich a-go-go
*1 loaf of crusty bread whole
*boysenberry or black cherry jam
*provolone cheese about six slices
*1/4 pound of sliced capicola
Slice bread in half length-wise and lather one side with mayo and the other with jam. I like to use a crusty italian loaf. Layer cheese on jam side, then capicola and top off with the other half of the loaf. Slice into mini sandwiches about two inches thick.
Pile onto a happy plate...or pair with another tea-style sandwich and an array of snacky foods or simply enjoy it with a salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment