Tuesday, July 31, 2012

making black pepper strawberry scones

this batch came out super soft and fluffy. while i prefer my scones to be on the dry side, these were so very tasty and barely lasted more than one day and we did not even share them. Nu-uh.

I don't have an exact recipe for ya, I kinda just mixed 'em up. Here's an estimate for ya:

*1 1/2 cups flour
*dash o salt
*1 tsp baking powder 
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/4 cup sugar
*2-4 Tbl butter
*about 1/3 cup plain yogurt
*3/4 roasted strawberries
*1 tsp black pepper
*heavy cream to dampen dough & wash tops
*sprinkling o sugar on the top
Mix dry ingredients then cut the butter into the flour. Add strawberries then yogurt, barely mixing. If there is too much flour floating about, add a smidge o milk or cream to form a dough.
Pat dough out onto a flour silpat and cut as many scones/biscuits as you can. My biscuit cutter is square my scones will be of the angular variety.
Brush tops with milk, sprinkle sugar and bake at 400 degrees about 15-18 minutes.
Once cool, drizzle a bit o glaze made from powdered sugar and milk and enjoy. We have pesky ants in the tiny casa so I had to put these tasty bits into a container immediately. If I could have, I would have let them sit out to dry up a smidge. Either way they are super-duper yummified! I think I need to make some more...once I restock on yogurt...and butter....and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment