Wednesday, May 23, 2012

trip-trup-trip-trup

 have you ever picked up a children's picture book that rhymes only to find that when you attempt to read it out loud, yer tongue trip-trups over the words? sometimes i think that is what happens with some of my blog posts. mostly the ranty kind.

i want to try to clear up what i meant about comments and pinterest and all that jazz. i think that pinterest has added to the lazy quality that the internet is developing. kinda like the facebook LIKE button. just because you repin it or like it doesn't mean i know you did or do. my intention was not to wax whiny over my lack of comments but to point out the lack of response and respect from the large number of persons who repin and like wily-nily without taking the time to let the owner of the property know you were inspired or love the project or recipe. my peanut butter cookie post now has had over 7000 views! 7000 views and seven comments. that is a little wacky, methinks.

i'm not sure this is coming out right or not but i did not mean to point my rant at regular readers who do not comment but to pinners everywhere who pin and repin projects without a shout out to the creator of the niftiness. does that make sense? there has always been free info on the web and i suppose i am asking for it since i continue to put free projects put there but i don't think it is too much to add a polite thanks to the march on manners. i think we could all use a little refresher in manners. this new technological age has been eliminating them at a speedy rate. i feel like an old fogey when i get cranky but just because everyone is doing it, doesn't make it right....right?

just park me on a park bench with a hairnett, rolled stockings, sensible heels and a (handmade) bag of breadcrumbs....

happy wednesday! it is time for work.

18 comments:

  1. just park me on a park bench with a hairnett, rolled stockings, sensible heels and a (handmade) bag of breadcrumbs....


    Well,save me a seat and I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seat saved! I'm thinking this will be a future blog project, don't you?

      Delete
  2. I totally get what you're saying, Jek. I know you're referring to Pinterest, but as an avid blog reader myself, a little shout-out is indeed the polite thing to do; it's a way for readers to show appreciation and give feedback to bloggers such as yourself. I love your blog, I've said it so many times, because you truly SHARE yourself and your wonderful and zany creativity (in fact, I feel you deserve a book deal for the projects on your Scrumdilly-do blog...heck, I've seen books put out by another vey popular blogger - who shall remain nameless - that don't contain half the original craft ideas you've posted...what's up with that?) Girl, let's get you published!
    (You can save a seat on the bench for me as well!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saving yer seat, it's a no-brainer! thank you Gail as always for you unflapping support! I love hearing from you!

      Delete
  3. I am guilty of this and you have totally checked me. :) I have been shamed! I absolutely adore all you do and follow you on Pinterest. I try to keep up with sourcing, etc., to make sure credit is given, but my laziness does indeed take over at times. I am an admirer of both your taste and your creations and can't wait to see new and revisited goods from you. All my love, keep your faith in us ("the public"), and keep creating! You are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't want to shame people, no! But thank you for commenting, I hope that it helps keep us connected in our ever increasing world of technology!

      Delete
  4. I know from my studies that unfortunately readers seldom praise but are very more likely to complain. So count invisible 7,000 good comments only for your peanut butter and let me sit on the bench, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yer right, though i will continue to be the pot stirrer! i'm skootching over to save you a seat!

      Delete
  5. Who is giving you a hard time for feeling how you feel? Fie on them.
    Manners matter and cost you nothing.
    (Likewise, with the crotchety old lady with rollers and a housecoat--hey, you kids, get off my lawn!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. i am now officially looking forward to an enormous park bench full of us old ladies!

      Delete
  6. My feed reader makes me lazy, too. Half the time, I just read the posts and don't go to the actual blog to comment. Bad blog reader, bad! Thank you for sharing how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. love my reader. i now click the blog title when i find a post i really enjoy so that i can comment right away. if i don't i will forget and i would rather take the moment to say hi than not. phew!

      Delete
  7. I hear you on that one. some of my stuff is pinned all over pinterest but the comments go to the pinners pinboard and not to me. I'd love to get some of that feedback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! feedback is a constructive and wonderful thing. sigh.

      Delete
  8. must go read the other post...but as for pinterest...i have had my share of crabby moments in relation to it (i hate that price thing in the upper left corner - and don't get me started on lame people wrongly categorizing my boards), but this i hadn't thought of. maybe none of my stuff has been repinned very much or i'm just really unobservant.

    but i have noticed that blog comments are down. but when i think about it, i comment much less on blogs myself. i think this has to do with reading in readers and on mobile devices...it's too much of a pain to compose a comment and get it posted on an iPhone or iPad, so you think you'll go back and do it later. but you don't.

    but i'm with you, people need to leave a comment. and i will take this advice myself on some of the recipes i'm stalking.

    xox,
    /j

    p.s. i think with some of that purple-blue hair, the hairnet and stocking might be a good look. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hate that price thing too! do you think that with all the technology that makes our lives so much "easier" we are becoming a tad bit lazy and disconnected? i love my internet, LOVE it but it frightens me how much i try to click on a LIKE button for things nowhere near facebook. aack!

      i think you might be an excellent candidate for my pink-rock red hat chapter that i am planning to do when i'm much older than 50! I'm thinking Vivienne Westwood of the red hats!

      Delete
  9. You are absolutely right and I am glad you said so because I needed the wake-up call. And as Iris said, it is really too bad that people are so much more likely to comment if they have something negative to say. (It is why I took comments off on my blog.) Of course you probably don't get that much because what is there here to possibly have a negative opinion about? It is all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, you are sweet. Before I moderated my comments I did get a lot of negativity but most of it from the tro-l(l)ing type. I love when there are emails attached to comments so I can directly contact folks, same with blogs. It just adds a little "Hi there!" to the day.

      Delete