Saturday, May 05, 2012

the thinks of the week

 I've been thinking a lot this week. Thinking of the pile of books that I should read. Thinking about the time I waste when I get sucked into the pretty on the internet. Thinking about the meals I should cook using up what we have instead of buying anything new. Thinking of ekeing out a small space for an herb garden. Thinking about bringing back my week in review and thinking about absolutely tackling that last pile of boxes that have been sitting in the living room, under the window for the past ten months. Yikes!

Think, think, think.

I've been thinking of how my get up and go seems to have got up and left. I have absolutely no energy to get a move on or ride my pretty bike or even gussy up with a swipe of lipstick. I've been driven batty by the allergies that have outstayed any pretense of a welcome. My face swollen with puffed up sinuses and a confusing kerfuffle with my might-as-well-be-non-existent health insurance.  Even standing outside for twenty minutes as I wrangle toddlers to and fro is enough time for a new invasion of pollen into my system. I wake up loopy, slowly shed the ick, get excited about all I'm going to do once I'm home from school only to find my eyes in droopy-ville on the drive home. Even with all the blinds open and light flooding into the tiny casa I'm out like a light.

All is not despair though. I borrowed the sister a-go-go's waffle iron and filled the freezer with waffles full of slightly less fizzy beer and flax meal. It is also full of coconut milk pancakes, a kale and garlic frittata, two cheesy penne pasta bakes and perhaps a bomb pie or two. The fridge is full of slow cooked bbq pork ribs, taters, and onion and a sister made blueberry peach cobbler. We both decided to cook up extras and swap. It's a nice feeling not having to think of what to make for meals. I still have to whip up a cabbage salad and some cauliflower steaks.

Oh and whoo-hoo for new jeans that almost mostly fit and shoes that I hope work out. The May Bed has been made and I have piles upon piles of projects waiting to be crafted. So, what have you been thinking about? Should I bring back my week in review? Will I ever get that mad pile of boxes cleared out of the casa?

6 comments:

  1. I totally relate to all the thinks you've been thinking. Same here. Hope your allergies are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours are better! I think I just need a portable bubble helmet or something. I got better but now I have a bit of a cold or something. Sheesh. It never ends!

      Delete
  2. i hope they are too.(hi krissy!)i have horrible ones too. although i went on the candida diet and they all went away. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sooo much better deb, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Somehow my comment did not appear. Well again: I am thinking a lot, too. But if I dont stop, I will get crazy ;) So I thought I'd better get things done. I was actually thinking thinking about the snails you are looking for. Do you still need some? Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Iris! Still looking for snails! Cheers to crazy-induced thinking and maybe a cuppa to give us a break. Right?

      Delete