Saturday, May 19, 2012

cake mix peanut butter cookies

on thursday, it was weirdly overcast and cool. i say weirdly because we've had a mini heat wave going on and the forecast was for 82. when i stepped out to put a donation bag of clothes into Eleanore aka Henrietta Hippo, i felt quite chilled.

baking was in order. cookie baking. peanut butter cookie baking...with a cake mix as i was feeling too lazy to pull out measuring cups and such. 

*1 box white or yellow cake mix
*1 cup peanut butter
*2 eggs
*1/4 c milk
*chocolate chips (optional)
preheat oven to 350 F. mix up ingredients and add yer chips.
drop by the spoonful onto your cookie sheet (the dough will be super sticky). sprinkle with a smidge of sugar and press the tines of a fork into the tops to create that peanut butter cookie look. you do not have to flatten or smoosh, they bake just fine as a puff ball and do not spread much at all.
bake 10-12 minutes, wait a smidge to cool and enjoy with a cold glass of your favorite milk beverage.

**i think next time i will add more peanut butter, salted peanuts and milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet  and less of them at that.

14 comments:

  1. Are these as dense and solid as traditional peanut butter cookies or are they softer like a cake cookie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules! These are cakey and actually taste better the second day. Not so bad the fourth day either...i prefer a denser chewy cookie but these work in a pinch and are crazy easy to make.

      Delete
  2. This looks so yummy, I'm going to try it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Did you bake them, what did you think?

      Delete
  3. I literally yelled out loud when I saw the title of this post.
    I was all "WHAT?!" and the mister was all "everything ok in there?".
    It will be as soon as I make these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:19 AM

    Just tried these. They were delish! I added a cup and a half of peanut butter. My husband loved them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! mister thought more peanut butter would make em better. so glad to know that it works. thank you!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:46 AM

    I used to make these many years ago and I lost the recipe! Thank you soooooo much for posting. My husbands favorite cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! is it the same one? i hope he and you enjoy them! thanks.

      Delete
  6. Kelly9:50 AM

    These cookies are delicious. I think they stay "fresher" longer than most cookies I make. I shared them w/ my mom & she thought they were the best cookies she's ever eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! We took them on a mini road trip and I forgot we had a bag in the car and three days later they were still delicious! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie1:50 PM

    These cookies are great! I used one cup of Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter, which is very moist, and two huge eggs and they were perfect! Only one problem, I'd love to pin a link to your post but can't get it to "stick", only the picture, no link :( Could you add a pin it button to this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi julie! it should stick as i have pinned it myself along with a zillion others. i wish i was more tech savvy so i could add a pin it button. drats!

      Delete