Wednesday, April 25, 2012

snail mail?

I picked up this nifty little house shelf back when we lived in L.A. It was a creamy yellow then and I asked the mister to paint it. When he asked what color, all I said was "Not blue." And so he gave it a new look with a blast of orange paint.
 
 
I added some happy scrapbook papers for color.
 
And then it was ready for happy little bits.
Only, I'm not thrilled with the happy little bits save for the snail.
So I have decided it needs more snails. All snails, all the time. Who is up for a snail mail swap? You send me a small handmade or thrifted snail and I send you a happy letter of appreciation and a wee bit of goodness that you may be looking for. Anyone? There are twelve squares that are 2" X 2" and three that are 3"X 2" and one that is 4" X 2". Leave a comment here and send me a gmail and we'll have a bit of snail mail goodness!

22 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I am working on a series of bugs right now. I've done lightening bugs and moths and butterflies.
    Why NOT a snail?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why not? i can't wait! thank you!

      Delete
  2. I would love to contribute to your snail collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i would love to have you contribute, thanks, j!

      Delete
  3. might you want one of these guys?
    http://anderandzaza.blogspot.com/2011/08/at-table-today.html
    (the chess set never got made, of course...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kiddo made snails are the best!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:17 PM

    we are sending you a little family of snails. (Newly made from air-drying clay so they will have to cure for a couple of days.) -alissa, leo and otto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a whole family? i am thrilled!

      Delete
  5. Count me in. Let me put on my thinking cap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have mine on as well, thank you!

      Delete
  6. I've never made a snail.... So I'll give it a go and send you one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i haven't wither, well, other than an embroidered snail. i need to make one as well! shall we swap snails? or....?

      Delete
  7. Oh, my yesterday comment didn't showed up.
    I would love to swap with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so happy! thank you! did you email me?

      Delete
  8. I'm totally in! Searching for snails I will go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, whimsy snails? cool beans!

      Delete
  9. I'd love to join in the fun! My email is joy (.) clark (@) gmail (.) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! i'm also on gmail. jekinthebox.

      Delete
  10. and hey.... is that glow-in-the-dark one from ander's notorious overnight par-tay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i will look for a snail for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh it is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete