Monday, April 09, 2012

pinterest: recipe round-up

I was on the ball the last few weeks regarding groceries and dinner. I am still wandering happily through pinterest-land pinning away all sorts of pretty and have been trying to weed through and actually utilize those happy boards. Here are a bunch of recipes that happened...
korean bbq tacos

Super duper tasty, I cheated and used Trader Joe's Korean BBQ and added additional ginger and garlic. The meat cooked up so much in the crock pot, it was like butter. Will definitely make these again.
thai grilled peanut butter sandwich  
This is my own original recipe and still a favorite. Had some bean sprouts left over from the tacos and didn't want them to go to waste. Served with roasted green beans. Yum!
homemade falafel and quinoa tabouleh
I love me some falafel and the weather was warm enough to get a bit summery. We had a bag of dried garbanzo beans from a local farm so I soaked 'em up and went at it. The falafel fell apart even though I followed the recipe as it was. I ended up adding an egg and some flour to get it to all stick together. It was delicious. The tabouleh was awesome. The last time I made quinoa tabouleh, the recipe called for way too much parsley. This recipe was perfect. I forgot to add the mint but it was still really tasty.
quick curried chickpeas
The curry chickpeas were crazy easy and super tasty. I used a can of organic fire roasted tomato sauce and served it up with roasted curry cauliflower and homemade cucumber sauce. Will totally make this again!

This week I will be using up what we have and attempting a no-spending kind of week. We are almost out of milk and apples o there will that. Wish me luck! What have you been cooking lately?

2 comments:

  1. Quinoa!
    With cannelini beans, diced tomatoes, red onion, parsley and a lemon-garlic vinegrette...

    Kind of bean salad meets tabouli.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh kara, that sounds really good! i make a sweet and spicy quinoa salad with red onion, fresh peas, sprouts, quinoa, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper and soy sauce.

      i will try yours with the lemon vinaigrette, sounds delicious!

      Delete